Shamsi Khanoom Flower Vase
Shamsi Khanoom is the only daughter of a Persian merchant. She has always loved perfumes and owns a small perfumery in Shiraz. She has a huge laugh that echoes in the alleyways and wears flower-printed gowns all day, every day. She has the best tahdeeg in the city and loves to decline all her suitors with a quick flick of the wrist. Though she has never wanted to belong to anyone, she is a perfect round vase to display your tulips, poppies, or peonies. Whatever your favorite flower may be, she'll hold them gracefully, but maybe she'll look a little annoyed while doing so. These vases take weeks to complete and are one of a kind.
Shams means sun in Farsi.
- includes 1 vase
- Dimensions: approximately 4.75" H x 4.75", opening: 1.25"
- Sculpture buff clay
- Clear glaze on the inside, hand-painted with three coats of underglaze and then coated with clear glaze on the outside
- Each piece is individually signed by the artist on the back
- Handmade in Los Angeles, California
* Please note: all products are meticulously handmade one piece at a time. Due to this process, there may be slight variations from one item to the next. Such variations and imperfections are inherent in the making of handmade products, so you may expect minor distinctions that will make your purchase special and truly one of a kind.